July Featured Student: Donna Woods
1. How long have you been practicing at DY?
2. What attracted you to yoga / Pilates?
I wanted to focus on improving my flexibility to counter the years of weight-training without stretching.
3. What has yoga taught you about yourself?
The “goal” can be the journey, not just the destination/outcome!
4. Have you had to overcome obstacles or injuries with your practice?
Absolutely! Before I accepted that I needed to “breathe” through a pose, rather than “muscle” through it, I ‘pushed’ my way into shoulder/AC joint misalignments and pelvic/low back pain.
5. How has yoga affected your life in general?
It has taught me to be more patient with myself.
6. What is your profession?
I am an occupational therapist who works with children with special needs in the public-school system.
7. What do you do in your free time?
Weightlifting, fitness walking, singing in my church choir, reading and playing in a billiards league.